Monday, June 6, 2011

Living in Love

This past weekend, my husband and I went to the Living in Love couples retreat.  We have been on a treat before, we have been part of the team on a retreat but we have never gone to a couples retreat, until now.  I heard about the retreat months ago but I thought that there was no way we could make it.  Our lives in the past two months have been very busy so a retreat was out of the questions.  But God can make anything possible.  In the less than three days we were able to schedule everything around the retreat.  All the effort was worth it!  My husband and I enjoyed the retreat.  We came back refreshed and renewed.
So let me tell you about the retreat.  Obviously, I cannot give you specific details about the retreat because you need to experience it yourself but I can give you an overview.  The retreat includes teachings from the Theology of the Body by Blessed John Paul II.  If you have never read Theology of the Body, let me tell you, you are missing out.  Theology of the Body is deep and deserves its own post so just click on the link above for more information.  
Back to the retreat. Here is what was on the flier for the retreat.  
“Living in Love offers liberating insight into how differently men and women prefer to achieve intimacy and helps couples get in touch with the resources that draw them to each other and fuel the passion of love.”
The retreat does exactly what they mentioned on their flier.  This retreat was like a mini honeymoon but with a deeper understanding of how you can achieve that greater intimacy.  I recommend this retreat to all married couple.  It does not matter if you are a newly wed or married for many years.  It is a great retreat and your marriage deserves it.  
At the retreat they gave us some websites with different information for engaged or married couple.  The website is called For Your Marriage and they also have it in Spanish which is called Por Tu Matrimonio.  This website has great resources like I mentioned before for engaged and married couple and family.  Check out the website and share it.  If you are interested or would like more information on the Living in Love couples retreat, just go to livinginlove.org.
Viva el Amor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment