Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sacred Triduum



Lent ends tonight and the Sacred Triduum begins.  I remember growing up my mother would not allow us to listen to music or watch TV staring Holy Thursday night through Good Friday.  My mother tried to explain to us (the best she could) that the Sacred Triduum was a time of silence and reflection.  Now as wife and mother, I practice the same tradition with my family.  Instead of watching TV or listening to music, we reflect on the last 40 days, pray, do some spring cleaning in preparation for Easter and some reading before bed.  
Easter is coming and we must prepare for the Lord.  I hope you all have grown closer to the Lord these past forty days of Lent and are ready to receive Him on Easter.  
Have a blessed Triduum!  



When you eat this bread and drink this cup you proclaim the Lord's death, until He comes again.  -I Corinthians 11:26

No comments:

Post a Comment