Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The first time I heard the word abortion


I remember the first time I heard the word abortion.  I was in eighth grade (almost 20 years ago) and I was attending a Catholic school.  A new young priest (unfortunately I do not remember his name) had just joined our parish and came to our classroom to tell us about the innocent lives being taken away because of abortion.  He showed us pictures of innocent babies (some already in the third term) lying on a table after an abortion.  The images of those babies were engraved in my memory and I am glad they did because it helped me to clearly understand that abortion is wrong.  The young priest also mentioned that we do not have to feel helpless, we need to fight for these innocent lives.  

Let us not feel defeated.  We must continue to fight for these innocent lives through prayer, fasting, attend a pro-life rally and spread the word that LIFE is precious.  

“A person's a person, no matter how small.”    Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment