Friday, February 22, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday--catch up edition



--- 1 ---
This 7 Quick Take Friday is definitely a let's catch up because my last 7 quick takes was back in November.  Gosh where did the time go.  Well since then both of my daughters had a birthday.  The oldest is three and our little one is now one.  We were sick with the stomach flue the week of Christmas and New Years.  We all caught the cold flu (Jan/Feb) which lasted about two weeks.  But we are all healthy now.
--- 2 ---
Speaking of health.  A few months ago I mentioned that I was going to make an appointment to see a new doctor regarding my headaches.  Well I did in December and I am glad I did.  She is a wonderful doctor.  I have to say that for the first time I feel like a doctor is listening to my concerns.  Why you might wonder.  Well all my life doctors have given me medication to deal with the pain instead of getting down to root of the problem.  My new doctor, Dr. G, did not give me any pain medicine, instead she is trying to figure out why I am getting these headaches.  She asked me so many questions that our session was almost two hours!  She asked me to go on a gluten and dairy free diet which I have and I have to say that the amount of headaches is less.  Significantly less!  Praise God! Not only do I have less headaches but I have more energy too!  

--- 3 ---
I have tried new gluten free recipes which I will start posting soon.  The difference is not bad at all.  When Dr. G told me to change our diet I was a little worried but there are so many great ingredients you can use for a gluten free diet.  Plus many food companies are jumping on the gluten free diet and are providing more gluten free alternatives.

Gluten free chocolate cake. Delicious!

Gluten free pasta with spinach. 

--- 4 ---
I hope you are all having a great Lent.  My daughters are too young to understand Lent but my oldest is old enough to understand the count down for Easter.  I printed out a free Lent calendar by Kimberlee at ponderinmyheart.com.  Thank you Kimberlee!  My daughter enjoys making an "x" on each day that goes by.


--- 5 ---
A book I am reading for Lent is A Mother's Rule of Life by Holly Pierlot.  I have to say that if you are a mother who is struggling (like myself) or needs some tweaking this book is for you.  This book is a great guide to the vocation of wife and motherhood.  I have been trying to set a routine/schedule for our family and this book has help me where tweaking was needed.  I am so thankful for veteran moms who share their own personal experiences for new moms like myself.

--- 6 ---
I finally started to work out!  I have been doing Pilates.  I made it a priority since Lent (so its only been a little bit over a week :-/ ) and I hope to continue after Lent.  Why?  Well, if I want to be a better wife and mother, I need to take care of myself which includes my body.  I release stress which in return will help me with my vocation.

--- 7 ---
I want to end by sharing with you all the 3-Minute Retreat by Loyola Press.  It is a great way to start the day with a three minute reflection, especially during Lent.  They also have it in español for my Spanish speaking friend.  

¡Hasta Luego! 


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment