Friday, March 4, 2011

Mom groups are awesome!

This past summer we moved into our new home which we love but we were new to the area.  So, we really didn’t know anyone.  One day when I was looking at our church bulletin, I noticed an announcement for a women’s bible study; which included a group for moms with babies in arms.  My daughter was 9 months at the time so it was perfect.  My husband and I always enjoyed attending the bible study (by Jeff Cavins) at our old parish; which were led by some great parishioners.  When I read about the women's bible study I was excited to join because I would continue to study the word  of God and meet new moms.  I told my best friend (who lives an hour away) about it and she joined for the fall semester.  It was great!  I was able to hang out with my best friend and meet new moms.  
Let me tell you, it is a blessing to have join the group.  Not only do we study the word of God but we also share the struggles we go through as moms.  I have learn so much from these amazing women.  We have become such a great group of moms with the same common goal of raising our children in the faith.  We hang out all the time.  We pray for each others, take turn hosting play dates, go to each others children birthday parties, hang out at the public library and now we are setting up a moms night out once a month.  It truly is a blessing to have join this group.  God is great!
If your parish offers a group for moms, you should make the effort to attend.  You will not regret it.  If you do not have a moms group in your parish, you should try to start one yourself.  Talk to someone at your parish office who could help you out.  I’m sure if you put at announcement in your parish bulletin for moms who are interested in starting a group, you will get a few responses.  That is all you need.  A couple of moms to get the ball rolling to start a group.  Usually there is a women’s group at each parish and I’m sure they would be glad to help.  Pray on it.  Speak to someone about it at your parish office and I’m sure the Holy Spirit will help you out.  It truly is a blessing for you and your family.        

No comments:

Post a Comment