Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Baked Salmon Recipe--Gluten Free (Day 2 of Blogging Challenge)

I enjoy cooking but I would not say I am an iron chef.  My family enjoys my food so I guess I am doing something right.  But I am still a work in process.

A few posts ago I said I would share with you my baked salmon recipe.  So for day 2 of blogging challenge I have decided to post the recipe.  Here it is!  Finally.

What you will need:

  • 4 Salmon Fillets 
  • 4 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 3 tomatoes chopped
  • 2 chopped shallots
  • 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon of dried oregano and thyme
  • Foil for each salmon fillet


Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Clean salmon and sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper on each one.

In a bowl combine the tomatoes, shallots, lemon juice, oregano, thyme and 2 tablespoons of olive oil together.

Cut four pieces of foil for each fillet.  Drizzle olive oil on each piece of foil, place salmon on foil and wrap the ends of the foil (look at picture below).  Pour the tomato mixture evenly on each salmon.  


Once you poured the tomato mixture on each salmon, close the foil loosely and bake for about 25 minutes.  Bake until the salmon is cooked.  Once cooked, you can remove the salmon with a spatula and serve it on a plate.  

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the salmon on a plate.  We were hungry!  But it really is delicious.  I really do not like salmon that much because it can be dry but with the tomato mixture it comes out delicious and juicy.  Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment